Last Updated: 05.07.2019
Welcome to "Been There" (“us,” “we,” the “Company”, "our Services").
"Been There" enables you to save your best photo of each landmark and share your collection with others. For this system to work,
we need to collect some data about you. We do take your privacy very seriously.
Information we collect about you.
- For you to be able to use the service, a basic login is required. We only save the most relevant information we need to identify you uniquely.
This consists of your email address, your first name and optionally a profile picture.
- We are not responsible for policy issues regarding third party signup methods used within the application.
- When you take use of a social login method, you authorize us to access certain account information, such as your public profile (consistent with your privacy settings on that service), and other data that may help us providing a better user experience..
- Your data will only be used in regard to the app and its functionality.
- We do only save images you upload if they contain a landmark (except your profile picture). Photos which do not contain a landmark and thus fail the process of the landmark recognition,
are deleted automatically.
- We will not share any information directly, but there may me third parties (e.g. authentication services, advertisement) which may use more information.
- When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies or other technologies that facilitate personalization to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you Nudges advertisements on other sites or applications.
- We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address.
Information you provide.
- Whenever you upload a photo, it will be available to the public.
- You may also share a link leading directly to your profile. If you do so, you will share all your public profile information and the photos you
provided to the service.
- If you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
- We may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information,
such as your name, address, email address and, if you transact business with us, financial information.
How we protect your personal information.
The information you provide is saved on a server provided by Firebase, a backend solution developed by Google.
While your data is in good hands there, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information,
we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure.
Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information
through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for
information about how to protect yourself against identity theft. You agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security,
privacy, and administrative issues, such as security breaches. We may post a notice on our Service if a security breach occurs. We may also
send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
If you have any questions or inquiries, feel free to contact us directly: